Architectural, Engineering and Construction (AEC) Resources
This page allows you to search for your desired product or assembly. Please click the specific link below to access the information you are looking for.
UL Product iQTMYou can access all current UL Fire Resistance-rated Designs using our free Product iQTM on-line search tool, available at Product iQ is free to use and only requires a simple one-time registration.
UL Product iQ – Overview and Search Functions Webinar. This webinar will give an overview and tutorial on the use of UL’s newest online directory, Product iQ
Search Instructions and Resources
Helpful instructions and resources to help you locate assemblies, designs and related information.
- Fire-resistance rated assemblies. Step-by-step instructions on locating rated walls, floors, beams and columns.
- Firestop systems. Step-by-step instructions on locating through penetration firestop system certifications.
- Joint systems. Links to joint systems for use in static and dynamic applications.
- Perimeter fire containment systems. Links to systems used to protect voids between floor-ceiling assemblies and curtain walls.
Fire Resistance - Locate Specific Designs and Systems
Frequently Asked Questions
Design Criteria and Allowable Variances
In order to remain within the design criteria the assembly must be constructed as specified in the published design. There are three potential types of acceptable modifications, as follows:
- If a construction element is identified as "optional" or "may be provided" it is not mandatory and doesn't need to be included in the construction.
- If a dimension is indicated as a minimum or maximum, the construction can include greater or lesser dimensions, respectfully.
- The link at the top of each design entitled "See General Information for Fire-resistance Ratings - UL 263" should be consulted. This link provides information on construction details, including clarifications and permitted variations.
Product category guide information can clarify construction and application requirements for the certifications and view acceptable variances allowed for the designs and systems. Click below for details.