Electrical Safety – Consumers, Students, and Teachers
To help keep you and your family safe, we have provided a gateway to many UL resources. The educational links below can provide consumers, students, and teachers with information about electrical safety. These educational resources can help keep families, homes, pets and personal data safe so people can live happier, healthier and more secure lives.
- 8 signs you may have a problem with your electrical wiring
- Tamper resistant electrical outlets: Why they make sense
- Operating portable generators
- Guide to power strips and surge protectors
- Power safely when power goes down
- Diy electrical wiring: Scary reasons not to try this at home
- Not too bright: Are you using the wrong light bulb for that lamp
For further helpful consumer information please visit our UL Consumers page.
If further assistance is needed related to this important topic, please visit our website or contact a member of our Codes and Advisory Services staff. For all other inquiries, please contact UL’s Customer Service Professionals at 1+877.854.3577 (1+877.ULHelps) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org