UL Field Evaluations bridge the gap between uncertified equipment and a code-compliant installation acceptable to the Authority Having Jurisdiction. We find solutions that allow businesses to safely operate their newly installed equipment and assist jurisdictions to enforce their adopted regulations. We are fast, thorough and trustworthy, addressing all the questions and concerns of the local jurisdictional authority with technical competence, open communications and complete integrity.
The majority of installed equipment is eligible for Field Evaluation Service. The most commonly field-evaluated products are:
- Industrial Control Panels (ICP)
- Automated Manufacturing, Assembly and Packaging Equipment
- Semiconductor Fabrication Equipment
- Luminaires, Signs and Display Cabinets
- Switchboards, Panelboards and Motor Control Centers
- Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGVs), Intelligent Assist Devices (IADs) and Robots and Robotic Equipment
- Heating and Cooling Equipment
- Fire Doors and Frames
- Commercial Cooking and Food Service Equipment
- Distributed Generation Equipment
UL’s Field Evaluation staff responds quickly to inquiries and requests for service. We’re able to meet tight schedules, we are very cost competitive and we offer the assurance of getting the job done right. Our staff is tuned in to your local business conditions while being part of North America’s largest and most respected family of product safety professionals. We have access to the world’s most extensive database of product standards and certified components, and we bring all this to your doorstep.
If you would like a quote for service or have any questions about UL Field Evaluations, please submit a request electronically or contact us at +1-877-UL-HELPS (+1-877-854-3577) Prompt #2. If requested, we can dispatch staff for next day service.